Join Our Crew
Do you enjoy a challenge and want to work with smart, like-minded people?
By working for a small organization like Bluware, you have a superior opportunity to make an impact. Our organization is made up of approximately 150 geoscientists, engineers and developers based in Houston, Texas and Oslo, Norway. If you get excited by the thought of moving the needle and affecting change, rather than being another cog in the wheel, you should keep reading.
ON A MISSION TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF ENERGY
The energy industry as we know it will change quite drastically in the next few years. Digital transformation is reshaping the industry and Bluware is charting the course for truly disruptive innovation that will outperform anything else on the market. It won’t be easy. Actually, it will be a heck of a challenge and that is what drives us.
FOR OURSELVES & OUR COLLEAGUES
Our team is made up of some of the most talented technology architects, subject matter experts, software engineers, analysts, and innovators in the industry. We’re all self-driven and enjoy an environment where everyone’s opinions matter equally.
Join Bluware to build a cutting-edge interactive data processing application utilizing deep learning technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spec out new features to fulfill requirements from customers or product manager
- Build features according to spec
- Integrate with back-end micro-services
- Troubleshoot and fix issues or defects
- Optimize both the code and UX flow to improve performance and user experience
- Design and refactor architecture to achieve better efficiency and maintainability
- Expert in one of major framework such as React (preferrable), Angular, Vue
- Familiar with and practice software design principles, patterns
- Familiar with RESTful API
- Familiarity with WebGL and experience with WebGL/3d rendering is a plus
- Familiar with major cloud environments such as Azure and AWS is a plus
- Familiar with UI auto-test is a plus
- Experience in oil and gas industry is a plus
Do you want to learn how machines learn? We are developing software to visualize and describe how machines learn or fail to learn. We are developing a Software-as-a-Service solution that integrates into existing machine learning workflows and provides insight into how a machine learning network trains from data and identifies areas of improvement. We have a proven track record of delivering commercial machine-learning products for the energy industry and have achieved significantly better results than our competition. A fundamental discovery is that success in machine learning is not just in modifying the model but also in increasing the quality of training data. Our development teams, located in Oslo, Norway and Houston, Texas, are composed of a diverse group of individuals with a wide range of cultural and national backgrounds. We are looking for a scientifically minded front-end developer to join our team in Oslo, Norway to work on a highly advanced web application that pushes client-side 2D and 3D visualization to its limits. A successful candidate will significantly impact the solution and is expected to bring ideas for both the technical solution and the end-user experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design, build, document, and implement the web front-end for our solution
- Collaborate with UX experts and end-users to formulate product backlog items
- Collaborate and communicate with the development team in person and online
- Follow our agile development process
A successful candidate:
- Has 3 or more years of experience building complex web applications involving 2D/3D widgets and charts
- Is skilled in HTML, CSS, React, and Typescript
- Likes finding elegant solutions to complex challenges and writing high-quality code
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills in English
The following is considered a plus:
- Has familiarity with or an interest in machine learning
- Is familiar with several programming languages, particularly Python
- Some experience with WebGL, Three.js, and 3D visualization
- Experience in developing Electron applications or VS Code extensions
- A competitive salary and pension scheme
- Highly-qualified and inspiring colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo with warm lunches every day
- A hybrid work model – most of the team is in the office most days
Application requirements: The application should be in the form of one single PDF-file and must include:
- Cover letter
- CV, summarizing education, previous positions, and software-development experience
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Names and contact details of at least two references
- Links to projects or published code are welcome
- Succeed – be a discussion partner with existing team regarding ongoing projects.
- Thrive – stay on top of AI R&D together with the team to identify further growth and project potential together.
- Shine – help in the development of marketing material to position the AI team as a world-class group.
- Grow – drive hiring processes.
The ideal candidate has a Masters degree or a PhD degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Computational Physics. The candidate should have:
- Significant track record in the field of AI/ML, or Computer Vision.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong business skills and drive to grow revenue.
- Desire to build a world class team.
- Excellent collaboration skills – sales, project, and customer success.
- Cross-functional management capabilities.
Please note that the application should be in the form of one single PDF-file and must include:
- Cover letter.
- CV (summarizing education, positions and software development experience).
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation.
- Names and contact details of at least two references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
- If relevant, links to projects or otherwise published code (github/bitbucket, etc.) are welcome.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design the application framework and APIs based on the requirement from product owner.
- Generate unit tests.
- Create pipelines for deployments.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Expert C++ software development skills.
- Fluent Python development skills.
- Experience with unit test frameworks for C++ and Python programs.
- Experience with development on Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience with DevOps (build, test, CICD pipelines).
- Familiar with aspects of the software development cycle (version control, requirements, testing, etc.).
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design, including OO development principles, design patterns, and algorithmic complexity.
- Capable of working with cross functional teams, sharing best practice and knowledge.
- Good team player. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver and quick learner.
- Geosciences background or experience with Geo-scientific interpretation software such as Paradigm, SMT, Petrel, Landmark, etc.
- Full-stack development experience.
- Knowledge with software development in cloud such as AWS.
- Experience with database (rational or non-relational).
- Experience with graphical user interface development in QT.
- End-to-end development of Cloud-seismic data processing and imaging platform
- Architecting the scalable distributed compute platform using microservice architecture
- Developing scalable service using Docker containers and Kubernetes container orchestration system
- Implementing stateful and stateless RESTful services, custom Load Balancers, caching reverse proxy using both Python and C++ programming languages
- Deploying distributed computing platform on the heterogeneous environment: on pre-Kubernetes deployment and managed Kubernetes of various cloud providers
- Performance and cost optimization of the distributed computing platform deployment for various environment and configuration
- Seismic data processing algorithms optimization, exploration of a data access pattern, seismic data processing pipeline optimization.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field
- Two (2) years of experience in the job offered or two (2) years of experience in a related occupation architecting and implementing complex scientific solutions in an enterprise setting
- Experience therein to include at least one (1) year of experience in programming using C++, C#, Java or Python, in a cross-platform environment, building prior cloud solutions, cloud services, automation, monitoring and performance instrumentation to address computational complexities of various geoscience “big data” problems including subsurface imaging, formation prediction and signal processing.
Please email resume to: email@example.com.
Bluware has been awarded a Top Workplaces honor two years running by The Houston Chronicle Top Workplaces. The list is based solely on our employees’ feedback gathered through a third-party anonymous survey which uniquely measures 15 culture drivers that are critical to the success of any organization.
Benefits of working at Bluware
Flexible working arrangements
WORK FROM HOME
OR THE OFFICE
Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
401k Plan WITH COMPANY MATCH
ALWAYS LEARNING WHILE WE WORK TOWARDS A COMMON GOAL
Our team is unified in our pursuit to impact the energy industry. Historically, we have achieved this by working alongside our clients, making their goals our goals. The projects we are working on are highly demanding in their complexity and require us to solve intricate puzzles every day. That also means that we need to continuously learn and expand our perspectives. In addition to working closely with our clients, we partner with global technology providers so that we are always in step with the latest innovations.
WE WORK WITH
CULTIVATING & PRESERVING A CULTURE OF DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Our employees are from 29 countries! We embrace and encourage our differences and characteristics that make each employee unique! The collective sum of our individual experiences, knowledge, and capabilities represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and achievements.
Supporting Social & Environmental Organizations
Each quarter Bluware supports a social or environmental non-profit organization and matches donations made by Bluware employees. We’ve donated more than $17,000 since 2020. Some of the organizations we support include:
TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?
Submit your application today to find out.