ON A MISSION TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF ENERGY
The energy industry as we know it will change quite drastically in the next few years. Digital transformation is reshaping the industry and Bluware is charting the course for truly disruptive innovation that will outperform anything else on the market. It won’t be easy. Actually, it will be a heck of a challenge and that is what drives us.
FOR OURSELVES & OUR COLLEAGUES
Our team is made up of some of the most talented technology architects, subject matter experts, software engineers, analysts, and innovators in the industry. We’re all self-driven and enjoy an environment where everyone’s opinions matter equally.
• Create and maintain testing frameworks for developers and manual QA to consume
• Identify gaps in automated testing coverage
• Remove barriers to increasing test coverage via automation
• Assist with the implementation of automated tests as needed
• Assist with troubleshooting test execution failures/errors that occur during the CI/CD process
• Manage the pipelines and environments where automated tests are executed as part of the CI/CD process
• Work with stakeholders across multiple software development projects to implement scalable and re-usable automation that will benefit all development teams
• Work closely with the DevOps team to facilitate automation of all stages of the software release process
• Report and remedy risks identified during the software release process
• Testing frameworks: Pytest, Cucumber, Puppeteer, Froglogic Squish
• Version control: Git
• Infrastructure as code: Saltstack, Terraform, Packer
• CI/CD: Azure DevOps
• Cloud: AWS, Azure
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with people across varied disciplines and speak to them on their level of technical expertise
• Customer-first thinking
• Ability to identify areas of improvement, and design solutions to address complex testing scenarios
• DevOps experience is a strong plus
• Oil and gas (or other highly secure/regulated industry) experience is a plus
DevOps is a critical function enabling our innovative solutions to be seamlessly delivered to end-users. The DevOps Engineer will create efficient automation for the delivery of such systems.
The DevOps Engineer manages and improves the communication between the operational and developmental sides of the software development process. Their primary duties include launching product updates, locating production errors and issues, and building integrations that improve users’ experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, build, test, and deploy changes to existing software
• Enhance the company’s IT infrastructure security protocols
• Identify and automate manual processes to enable efficient develop-to-deliver system
• Maintain and improve the SaaS infrastructure
• Minimum 3 years of experience in DevOps specific role
• Minimum 5 years software-related role
• Experience with cloud technology – AWS and Azure preferred
• Experience with microservices architecture, development, deployment, and testing
• Familiarity with container or virtualization technologies
• General understanding of security concepts such as identity management
• Experience with Agile development practices
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for conducting research and development on the latest Machine Learning / Deep Learning techniques to improve our current frameworks, such as Bluware AI products InteractivAI.
You will need to have an end-to-end understanding of these frameworks. This will include developing custom models to achieve the best results, streaming first-party data, and generating dashboards.
To ensure we provide the best framework suitable for Machine Learning, it is imperative that as a Data Scientist you keep up with the latest innovations in both ML (Machine Learning) / DL (Deep Learning) / AI (Artificial Intelligence), the mathematics involved, and the corresponding coding skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and prototype ML/DL algorithms, provide technical direction and subject matter expertise.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality.
- Improve and optimize data pipelines from different dataset sources.
- Work with scientists and other engineers to develop and improve Bluware products by following the roadmap and leadership direction.
- Stay up to date on ML/DL/AI technologies.
- Prepare and deliver demonstrations.
- Write reports and document results.
- Participate in technical quality management activities such as design reviews, code reviews, and internal process checks.
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest software engineering (SE) tools and practices for continuous integration (CI), unit/integration tests, code profiling, and code coverage.
- Seek and respond to feedback.
- Use internal and/or external knowledge resources to obtain information or build skills.
- Learn new applications, technologies, and skills.
- Seek to build product and platform knowledge and corresponding responsibilities.
- At least three years of experience as Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or similar.
- Master’s in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; PhD. a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Python (C++ a plus).
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and data architecture.
- Advanced mathematical background, with solid knowledge of statistics, probability, data mining and the principles of Machine Learning & AI.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow/PyTorch) and libraries (scikit-learn/pandas…).
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a remote team. Access to the Houston office is permitted.
- Report to the Lead Data Scientist R&D (which reports to the CTO).
- Follow directions of technical executives regarding short-term roadmap and long-term strategy.
Bluware has been awarded a Top Workplaces 2021 honor by The Houston Chronicle Top Workplaces. The list is based solely on our employees’ feedback gathered through a third-party anonymous survey which uniquely measures 15 culture drivers that are critical to the success of any organization.
Benefits of working at Bluware
Flexible working arrangements
WORK FROM HOME
OR THE OFFICE
Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
401k Plan WITH COMPANY MATCH
ALWAYS LEARNING WHILE WE WORK TOWARDS A COMMON GOAL
Our team is unified in our pursuit to impact the energy industry. Historically, we have achieved this by working alongside our clients, making their goals our goals. The projects we are working on are highly demanding in their complexity and require us to solve intricate puzzles every day. That also means that we need to continuously learn and expand our perspectives. In addition to working closely with our clients, we partner with global technology providers so that we are always in step with the latest innovations.
WE WORK WITH
CULTIVATING & PRESERVING A CULTURE OF DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Our employees are from 29 countries! We embrace and encourage our differences and characteristics that make each employee unique! The collective sum of our individual experiences, knowledge, and capabilities represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and achievements.
Supporting Social & Environmental Organizations
Each quarter Bluware supports a social or environmental non-profit organization and matches donations made by Bluware employees. We’ve donated more than $17,000 since 2020. Some of the organizations we support include:
TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?
Submit your application today to find out.