A client needed a data connector between DecisionSpace Data Services and Paradigm Geolog. The client, however, had scant Geolog expertise and limited resources to build connector components.
- Bluware implemented the following set of components to demonstrate and provide the following:
- An RPC mechanism to access the Geolog C++ API from Java code in the application server.
- Construction of a custom translator to support Geolog database virtualization within Teiid.
- Virtualization of the Geolog database via the JBoss Teiid system to reveal the emerging common data model.
- Integration of the Geolog connector with all conventions established by DecisionSpace Data Services and DecisionSpace Data Transfer. This integration enabled:
- Access to Geolog data using client’s DSDS Odata web services.
- Access to Geolog using client’s DecisionSpace Data Access Java SDK.
- Transfer of data from Geolog to OpenWorks using DecisionSpace Data Transfer.
Bluware developed the connector, establishing connectivity between DecisionSpace Data Services and a Geolog data source using a virtual database mapping component between Geolog and OpenWorks Common Data Model.
Tools + Technology
Geolog, Apache Thrift, JBoss Teiid, C++, Java, OpenWorks, DecisionSpace Data Services